Be one of the first to find out about Riobel news: new products on the market, new technologies, and much more!
Is responsible for supervising a team of accounts receivable and accounts payable associates, ensuring that accounting processes are efficient, compliant and aligned with the Company. Is also responsible for managing the payroll function and the administration of the company’s time and attendance and payroll systems.
* Provide accounting support to Finance personnel: accounts receivable and accounts payable.
* Review work completed by accounts receivable and accounts payable teams
* Follow different metrics (such as Days sales outstanding, inventory turnover, etc.) and prepare different analysis to explain the variances of these metrics.
* Review all vendor payments requests before issuing payment.
* Review the accounts receivable aging, make sure all deductions taken by customers and applied by accounts receivable team were accurate.
* Prepare and review monthly and quarterly balance sheet reconciliations.
* Support internal and external auditors in their requests.
* Approve all changes made to the customer master and vendor master files.
* Calculate and process biweekly payroll and maintain payroll records.
* Reconcile the payroll accounts and post entries to general ledger.
* Ensure payroll and accounting procedures are accurate and meet internal controls requirements.
* Maintain time and attendance system.
* Stay current in payroll issues through reading, researching and attending seminars.
* Provide annual payroll and benefits budget forecast as requested by Finance.
* Investigate and answer employee questions related to payroll and timekeeping.
* Respond to government enquires i.e. garnishments and alimony.
* Payroll administrator for Group benefits.
* Manage union dues.
* Prepare and maintain related payroll records and reports as required i.e. ROE.
* Complete annual procedures and year-end balancing (i.e. preparation of T4s, T4 summary, releves1, releve 1 summary, WSIB, CSST and EHT reconciliation’s).
* Balance employee benefit deductions and remit payment to Carriers.
* Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or related field
* 5-10 years of experience in accounting; Minimum 5 years of payroll administration experience
* Accounting and payroll knowledge, practices and principles i.e. accrual, reconciliation and adjustment ability
* Knowledge of provincial and federal employment laws and payroll legislation
* Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills (v-lookups, pivot tables). Knowledge of powerpivots will be considered an asset.
* An upbeat and friendly manner with a customer service approach
* Professionalism, confidentiality and tact are essential
* Highly organized and detail oriented
* A process improvement mindset to enhance and evolve related processes.
* Bilingual in French and English
* Systems experience with SAP, KRONOS and Workday is an asset
* Certified Professional Accountant designation or Certified Payroll Professional designation is an asset